Having 2 kids is proving much more demanding than I had ever thought possible. Perhaps too much time has passed since Cassidy was so dependent on me (us), that I forgot what it was like to have a baby. Makenna is a very demanding baby, triple what Cassidy was. She is a sweetheart when she is happy but her moments of happiness are fleeting, at most 10-15 minutes. Occasionally she can stretch it out to 30 minutes, but for the most part she cries after 10 minutes of any one activity. She has the most powerful cry too, like someone is hurting her, every cry. There is no soft whimper, every cry comes with a rigid straightening of her body along with an arching of her back and tossing of her head. We are beginning to think something must be wrong with her. Some type of underlying condition causing her to be uncomfortable more often that not. She is growing fine, weighing 18lbs 9ozs at an appt for an ear infection on Wednesday. She has a beautiful smile and big blue eyes that will make you forget the last extended cry fest. I just keep waiting for more time to pass, thinking if she could just sit up, maybe she'd be happier. If she could just roll over or maybe even lay on her tummy without spitting up, any of these might make her happier. For now I'll just keep waiting and building up my biceps from carrying her around during her crypisodes.
Cassidy is really understanding when it comes to Makenna. She has sacrificed a lot of Mommy time so I can care for Makenna. I hope someday soon she'll be able to play with her sister and re-establish our relationship to where it was before Makenna was born.
Two little Cassidy stories from today.....
Me: "Cass,it sounds like you have a lot of boogies today."
Cass: "Yeah, Mom, I do," SNIFF SNIFF "I just need to sniff them back in, then I can swallow them and they turn into yucky spit and then I spit them in the toilet and that's how I get rid of my boogies." "Did you know that Mom?"
Me: "Cass, do you want McDonald's tonight?"
Cass: "I only want it if they have My Little Ponies still." "Do they Mom?" "Only if they have ponies."
WE PULL UP TO THE DRIVE THRU...
Cass: "Oh my goodness Mommy, they have Strawberry Shortcake." "I think I might die!"
"I love her!"

1 Comments:
LOL @ Cassidy's comments!
Makenna is such a little doll. I am sorry to hear that she is a challenging baby. Hang in there!
Post a Comment
<< Home