Ok, so I finally posted!!! We went to the apple orchard last Sunday and had a great time. It was only about 64 degrees, so it really felt like fall. Cassidy probably ate 4 apples that day, but she really had a great time on the playground and with the small animals (goats, pigs and rabbits). Plus she was with her favorite cousins, Doo-doo, Bibi and E-E (Brendan, Brady and Ethan). Her 2nd bday is rapidly approacing and she seems to be growing by leaps and bounds everyday. Today she asked the cat if he wanted to share her blanket with her. I didn't even know she understood what that word means. Sure, I ask her to share with Brady, but she never used it before today. Her newest thing is that after being away from Daddy, she says "Momma, I need my daddy". Usually it is on the way home from daycare or from a day with Meg, but it is one of the cutest things she says.
Just last week I thought she was already into the terrible twos, but it turns out she was just under the weather. She was whining and having a lot of little tantrums over minor issues, but she must be feeling better, because those have disappeared now. She seems to be responding better to us if we give her 2 things to chose from, without telling her she has to do _______. I also find that giving her a warning that we need to do something else in relation to what we are doing now, really works well. The transition to the next task is virtually seamless. My only complaint is that she does say "no, no, no" alot and usually she is defiantly pointing her finger at the same time. I have started trying to be more careful about my use of that word, but never noticed how much I say it until I had to stop.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home