Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sleepless in Worcester

Ok, after I posted Thursday and thought she was feeling better, Cassidy awoke at 11:15pm and vomited again. I really thought we were home free. I had planned on sending her to daycare Friday, but instead had to take another day off to stay home with her. I think we have had only 1 full nights sleep in the last 14 days. As if that wasn't enough...........
Last night was one of the worst nights in a long time. I know that Cass is feeling a little better, but I am afraid too much sickness=too much letting her do what she wants=loss of control. When she woke us up crying at 12:50am I jumped up because I thought she might vomit again. Thankfully, she did not. Instead she kept us up until 4:15am. I put her in her crib on 3 separate occasions where she would stay quiet for about 10 minutes and then start crying. Diaper change, juice, Tylenol and laying in our bed all bought a little time. There was NO way I was putting DORA on tv at that ungodly hour. Turns out she did not want Dora, she simply was hungry. At 3:50am she signed "eat", so we had pancakes. No longer than 7 minutes after her last pancake, she was dead asleep (and we were dead on our feet). I am angry at myself for not thinking she may have been hungry, after all she hasn't eaten very much in the past 4 days. Hopefully, Monday will restart our schedule, back to daycare, back to work and back to feeling better.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Poor Cassidy and parents! We've been through that a few times, and it really sucks :(

Take care of yourselves and hope she feels better very soon.
Angela Doyle

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home